Monday, February 18, 2008

The Beginning of the End... yes I am that cliche

There it is.

There it isn't.

A temporary diversion from the monotony of a school night. School night, my god. The only thing you can hear, smell, taste, touch, etc. is tick fucking tock. So much to do, no care to do it. I find that though the hiccups in my day can be deleterious they are as necessary as antibodies. Fighting off stagnation.

It's inherent. Even if short-lived, it's utterly impossible to stay focused. As if that's a good thing in the first place. I find myself constantly digressing. However, it is these moments that I thrive on: when every plan changes - intentionally or not. I think I get this from my mother... that crazy woman that I love so much. She is the queen of changing plans. I feel as though it's the only way to live, otherwise one will always be disappointed when things inevitably shift.

So, go to Perkins, eat a breakfast scrambler (ps the commercial totally enticed me...) and don't feel guilty that you're not doing what you're supposed to do. The gravy will cure all. After all, it's all about the sauce.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

omg where did the driving photo come from!? amazing. brilliant. wow.

so glad you're doing this. it'll be added to the growing list of my daily distractions.

love you sissy.

wendy lewis said...

Yeah! Kitty has a blog! I' look forward to many juicy posts as time goes by.

Thanks for publicly exonerating me for all the times I "changed plans"... but I remain sorry that my inclinations were frustrating on, say, a Saturday afternoon when you were five years old and I didn't deliver what you expected. :^)

fuzzy j said...

i want a scramble scrambler thingy. mmm.

hannah's informative post on my wall this morning MADE MY DAY. thanks for blogging.

i'm sending you love vibes.