Saturday, June 28, 2008

What Brings Ultimate Joy Into My Life is as Follows:


Yep. Martin Dosh. I have never had a less-than-amazing time at any of his shows. From the first one witnessed in Hymee's (sp?) Basement about 5 years ago with about 15-20 other people in the room, to last night at a semi-packed First Ave I am repeatedly brought to the brink of something or another - I think life. I told Martin once that his music makes me feel more than alive, and that is most definitely not an exaggeration.

The other groups were pretty fucking bad-ass too. Kill the Vultures and P.O.S. totally blew me away considering I have been considerably turned off to hip-hop lately for some reason. These guys are not your run of the mill hip-hop though. Check their myspace's and listen to some tunes, you won't be disappointed!

So, last night was once again an incredibly joyous experience. It ended with a lovely trip to Little Tijuana's to stuff my face with fajita and various cheeses and squeeze my girl Amy who looked sleepy and sunkissed. I must say it was a very good way to spend a Friday night.

2 comments:

wendy lewis said...

o yes. what i say to martin is "you are the personification of joy". he's gonna hear that a lot from me before he dies. i enjoyed being at home thinking of both you and him.

wendy lewis said...

...and i made pad thai. yum. and i was asleep long before midnight. i had a long week. AND i love you.